Hot sun, cool water, bugs…. The warm months are here, and that means it’s time to enjoy the great outdoors! But we need to be prepared.
With our summer collection, you’ll be ready for anything. Warding off ticks, avoiding sun damage, or just smelling fresh by the end of the day.
Untoxic Summer PDF Guide — From sun care and self-tanner to bug spray, we have the evidence and studies to back up which options are safe and healthy for your family.
- Sun Shield — Our sun protectant. It’s not officially a “sunscreen.” It protects skin on a cellular level while still allowing you to get vitamin D! Based on organic plant oils and herbs with natural SPF.
- Pest Aside — Bug repellant, in stick form! We combine neem oil with citronella and patchouli essential oils to help you avoid ticks, mosquitos, flies, and more. (see our video)
- Black Drawing Salve — Just in case of bites, stings, or poison ivy! Draws toxins out, calms red, itchy skin. Made with bentonite clay, activated charcoal, and lavender essential oil.
- Sun Soothe — Soothes sunburns or other irritated skin (think post-sand exposure!). Nourishing oils, butters, and herbs protect and soothe quickly.
- Arnica Salve — Great for bumps, bruises, and sore muscles.
- Mineral Deodorant — Baking-soda-free, aluminum-free, and magnesium-rich, our deodorant helps detox your body and keep you smelling fresh.
- Mineral Deodorant PLUS — Need a little something extra? Our Plus formula includes deeply-drawing French green clay for extra odor-fighting power.
- Anti-Itch Soap — Our Anti-Itch Soap uses nourishing oils to soothe and heal the skin naturally. Say goodbye to the dry itch and hello to beautifully radiant skin.
ABSOLUTELY NO compromised ingredients! Non-GMO (many ingredients are certified organic), no fragrances, colors, parabens, phthlates, or *anything* unsafe. Ever.
Keep scrolling (beneath the products) to see an FAQ! Still have questions? We have real, LIVE humans available on chat from 8 AM – 10 PM EDT everyday!
Q: Is Sun Shield a sunscreen? What is the SPF?
A: Sun Shield is not a sunscreen, it’s a sun protectant. It doesn’t reflect or absorb rays and hasn’t been clinically tested (nor does it contain one of the ingredients that the FDA formally recognizes as “sunscreen,” most of which are toxic). Instead, the oils and herbs that we use have naturally-occurring SPF, plus they fight free radicals and oxidative damage in your skin. If you burn very easily or will be in very strong, direct sunlight, we recommend using sun protectant clothing, shade, or a mineral sunscreen along with it. Many people can use Sun Shield alone with great results.
Q: Do I need to reapply Sun Shield?
A: Yes, reapply every 2 hours or after you are in water.
Q: How much Pest Aside do I need to use?
A: For average backyard play, a little on wrists and ankles is enough. If you will be camping in deep woods, or live somewhere that mosquitoes or ticks are especially bad, rub some on all exposed skin.
Q: Is Black Drawing Salve messy?
A: Yes, it is. Please watch your clothes and furniture while using, or cover the affected area with a bandage.
Q: Why can’t Black Drawing Salve be less messy? Can’t you make it a color other than black?
A: Unfortunately not. The charcoal is naturally black, and it’s important for the drawing properties to be effective.
Q: Is this like the ‘black salve’ the FDA warns against? Isn’t this dangerous?
A: No. That warning is for bloodroot salve, which should be used only under the care of an herbalist. This is based on charcoal and clay and is very safe.
Q: Can Sun Soothe be used on any burn?
A: If you are dealing with a serious, third-degree burn, please seek medical attention. Sun Soothe can safely be used on first and second degree burns.
Q: I thought you weren’t supposed to use oil on burns. Why is Sun Soothe oil-based?
A: In our experience, Sun Soothe is exactly that — very soothing! Our skin is protected by oils, and nourishing it with healthy oils while it needs to heal is beneficial. Many people experience less or even no pain after applying.
Q: Is arnica safe for all ages?
A: Yes, it is!
Q: Can arnica be used on open wounds?
A: The traditional answer is no, but we have found that small amounts on minor wounds is not an issue. If you have a larger wound, please consider All-Purpose Salve instead.
Q: Does your deodorant work for sensitive skin?
A: Yes! It does not contain baking soda, so it doesn’t cause that itchy, red rash that people sometimes get.
Q: Can I use your deodorant if I shave daily?
A: We recommend waiting at least 30 minutes after shaving before applying. Shaving causes micro-cuts, and magnesium can irritate them and cause pain/burning.
Q: I have another question. How can I get help?
A: Email [email protected], or talk to a real, LIVE person on our on-site chat.