Kids need to know what healthy eating really is — and it’s not cardboard cafeteria pizza and the My Plate government nonsense.
True healthy eating is about whole, real, unprocessed foods. Real Food, Real Nutrition teaches kids in a fun, entertaining way about the history of our food industry and how nutrition information got all messed up — and what real healthy eating is. It encourages them to choose real food, and explains the benefits of a variety of different foods.
Each chapter has a brief information sections, followed by a short story that makes it relatable. There are questions that encourage students to think critically and do follow-up research, links to videos to extend the learning, vocabulary words, and activities! Students learn in a fun and hands-on way all about how (and why!) to eat healthy.
In this, students will learn:
- Section 1: The Truth about Eating Healthy
- Chapter 1: How Did “Healthy Eating” Get So Messed Up?
- Chapter 2: A Common Sense View of Healthy Eating
- Chapter 3: What’s Wrong With Unhealthy Food?
- Chapter 4: The Macronutrients
- Chapter 5: Eat Your Vitamins
- Chapter 6: Take Those Minerals
- Chapter 7: Probiotics and Gut Health
- Chapter 8: Additional Resources
- Section 2: Get the Kids in the Kitchen
- Chapter 9: Grocery Shopping and Meal Planning
- Chapter 10: Skills for Young Chefs
- Chapter 11: Kid-Friendly Recipes